Directed by Chris Moss
Format: .mkv file.
When the weekends are nice, my family all gets together and we watch movies. Our family friend has a lot of movies converted onto his computer, so we just hook it up to the TV and there she blows. Tonight kicked off a marathon weekend of movies in honor of Memorial Day. We watched three-quarters of When In Rome, which crapped out before the ending. Then we watched Youth In Revolt, which was better than I expected. And after almost everyone went to bed, four of us were left awake and we chose to watch this spoof movie. I do not have this on DVD, this is not something I own. But with a title like this, I’m not sure if I can pass it up.
- “Morning Wood” is seriously the title song? Oh my.
- The people impersonating Jonah Hill and Seth Rogan are great…but this movie will be horrible.
- Sarah Silverman impersonator isn’t too bad either.
- Reminiscent of Mafia!
- After watching Superbad earlier today, I don’t know if this is funny or painful to watch.
- “You look like Hannibal Nipples.” That’s not even a good joke.
- Twilight spoof! YES! I hope that’s not the only one.
- Awwww yeah, Twilight came back! Wait, that wasn’t funny at all…
- That man’s head is SO small.
- They aren’t seriously spoofing There Will Be Blood. I really should start questioning why they are spoofing most of these anyways.
- Like, the Verizon Wireless man came out of a freezer for god sake’s. If he doesn’t show up again in the movie, I may cry.
- Censorship bars!
- HA! Verizon Wireless guy is back.
- I just sighed so loudly at this movie. It’s all hitting me.
- I never saw Forgetting Sarah Marshall, I’m not sure if I’ll understand some of this.
- “Toasted” is not a word I hear often in regards to “drunk.”
- WHY IS STAR WARS BEING SPOOFED?!
- Bryan Callen…you aren’t funny.
- Why do I put myself through such atrocities?
- Oh, nice AfterEffects…not.
If I owned this movie, I don’t even know if I would put it on the Shelf of Shame. I’d be so upset about it, I might’ve just gotten rid of it. Awful, I shouted “What?!” and sighed many times through the movie. I have never seen Date Movie or Disaster Movie or really any other spoofs before. Well, I’ve seen Mafia! and some of the Scary Movie series, but nothing THIS bad. It almost doesn’t even make sense to spoof so many movies by mainly one person, that being Judd Apatow. It’s like, they had to throw in a Twilight spoof in order for people to be like “At least they made fun of something that isn’t good.” There’s something graceful about Apatow’s sense of humor. And when you try to mimic it, even in order to spoof it, it doesn’t match. The few things I liked, which I had mentioned before, were the initial impersonations of certain actors (who’s characters names were the impersonated actor’s first name). But these performances didn’t carry well through the movie, because there were so many skips and jumps away from the story. I’m not going to say that it wasn’t funny, because there were funny parts. It’s hard for there to be a spoof movie with absolutely NOTHING funny about it. I just can’t remember what they were because I was fuming more than laughing. It’s like this one time, these brothers told me how funny Superhero Movie was. I didn’t believe a word of that. But for whatever reason, I had some faith for this movie. The most false hope I have ever experienced. If you plan on watching this, please PLEASE reconsider. You are just going to get yourself angry. Or if you choose to watch any of it, the first twenty minutes are your best bet. I’ve watched about five movies today, and to end with this movie at 1 AM will hopefully work me up so much that I’ll just pass out.
Whew, well, that was a bit rough. I’ve just never experienced a spoof movie so bad before. Props to casting for the most part though, to leave on a good note. That’s the only good note, however.