Directed by Adam Wingard
Format: Special Edition DVD
Tagline: “Who do you hate?”
“Bill Moseley stars as a smiling maniac named ‘Mr. Suitcase.’ With a briefcase full of razorblades, he crashes a homecoming get-together for Claire (Lindsey Evans) and forces the partygoers to identify people they hate. Soon, a black-hooded supernatural killer is loose killing each person identified by the teens. The terrified friends realize they may also be viciously murdered because Tim (Matt Lero) awkwardly joked that he hated everyone at the party, too! As the corpses pile up and the body parts fly, the kids enlist the help of a crazed chili loving militia man who can give them the weapons they need to stay alive!”
Ah yes, a movie Carly found back in May of 2010 at Strand. It’s got a couple of horror regulars in it. I always love me some Bill Moseley, you know? We’ll see how he does in this movie. I just love the fact that the synopsis had to include the fact that the militia man loves chili. I hope that somehow is of importance in this film. Sounds like it’s going to be a pretty interesting flick.
- A little girl-on-girl to kick things off. Followed by some prick telling one of them to leave.
- Oh, she’s a prostitute, alright…
- “This is going to be the worst Christmas ever.” Thanks, cashier in an elf hat.
- Stop fading in and out of him looking around a small motel bathroom.
- DEAD HOOKER IN THE BATHROOM. If I had a dime for every time that happened…
- I don’t know why that opening scene happened. At all.
- I do wish my name was Mr. Suitcase though.
- OH, that opening scene was later that night!
- Yup, that girl is smoking two cigarettes at the same time.
- This is the most awkward Christmas get-together.
- Slow-motion Bill Moseley is extra creepy.
- His teeth are SO white.
- HAHAHAHAHAHA Bill Moseley was great.
- Okay, the child molester neighbor at the door was stupid. But I guess he needed some distraction.
- Pretty good special effects; a solid broken arm.
- Oh man whyyyyyy did they have to show a curb stomp?
- Tiffany Shepis, there is no reason for you to be cleaning any cafeteria like a ninja.
- Jump scare yeahhhhhh. Scared the shit out of me.
- Why in the hell did that guy just come in and tell Tiffany Shepis that some drug dealer got killed? She couldn’t have found out another way?
- Opera music always plays in funeral homes right?
- Forrest Pitts’ voice is bothering me way too much. I almost hope he gets killed off before the others.
- Okay, you can puke on your dead mother’s body. That shouldn’t be a problem.
- Come on man, why do you have to cut her foot in half?
- Tim is so bothersome too. This is bad. Though Devin’s jumpsuit is pretty swell.
- “Why did you take that picture (of the drug dealer’s split head)?” More importantly, why did you use a Polaroid camera?
- The child molester is Robert’s boss, and now he has his ribcage ripped open. Good, great.
- The characters really pay NO mind to these grisly murdered people in this town.
- I know why this is all awkward. Reasons: Forrest Pitt and Matt Lero.
- I’ve given up on this movie, for real. I don’t even know what to write about anymore.
- Claire’s ex-boyfriend Anthony is a nutcase. Almost as nutty as Mr. Suitcase.
- OH MY GOD THE KILLER IS DIGGING A KNIFE UNDER ANTHONY’S FINGERNAILS. NO. NO.
- AWWWW YEAH, Lil’ Tommy Towles.
- I guess the chili is a big part of this…so far. I mean, there’s a 2-3 minute convo about it.
- I thought Towles was Tim’s uncle. Not his dad?
- Claire just gave Mark a wet willy…why? This is getting real dumb real quick. Much like my grammar just then.
- “Just help me get the bars off the windows.” Um…that doesn’t just happen.
- Oh. my. God. Mark would you stop saying stupid shit to Claire. Please.
- Plenty of gore, that’s a solid.
Oh man, that was not that good. It’s unfortunate, the premise sounded somewhat original and interesting, it was just poorly executed. The special effects were fantastic though! And that’s not quite half the battle…maybe a quarter or a sixth of the battle. Regardless, brownie points for sure. I just wish it was better. Solid performance by Moseley, Shepis, Towles, and even Evans to some extent. But the other cast members were kind of weak, and the writing wasn’t all there. Anyways, I’ll leave you with the trailer and, if you come across Home Sick, you can decide for yourself.