Directed by Mansour Pourmand
Format: DVD (Value DVD to be exact)
Tagline: “You can’t hide the face of fear!
“ZIPPERFACE is the nickname a frustrated police department gives to a mysterious leather clad serial killer whose hideous black leather mask sports a huge silver zipper covering his mouth. ZIPPERFACE is on the rampage, terrorizing the city with bizarre, cool, and calculated murders. The police can find a clue, as victims of ZIPPERFACE continue to mount. Beautiful female detective Ryder who is handling the case has no choice but to go undercover as a decoy to try to solve the mystery, only to find that she is now become the killer’s obsession.
ZIPPERFACE is a tightly crafted thriller that will keep you riveted and hanging on tightly to the edge of your seat!”
Yeah, I doubt that. I bought this movie at a grocery store in Fillmore, NY for $1. It is in the exact paper sleeve that you see pictured above. Value DVD in English and Español! I made the mistake of reading a few reviews prior to watching this. I don’t think it’s going to be a very fun night. Let’s watch Zipperface, anyway.
- Pretty intense police raid/hostage situation happening in Palm City, California to start off the movie.
- The head detective looks like Ron Perlman.
- They did NOT just censor him saying “motherfucker.” Oh god if this is an edited DVD I’m going to go insane.
- No, nevermind, she just said “shit.”
- The prostitutes just said that the killer was a “regular.” I don’t know about that.
- Um…he just snapped a woman’s neck with a whip.
- The hookers got away!
- Sexism in the workplace. Yikes.
- Why is this landlady being so uncooperative? it’s not hard to answer the police’s questions.
- “I don’t like girls being called chicks, babes, or broads.” “What about bimbo?”
- The photographer that takes pictures of prostitutes seems like he would be the prime suspect.
- Alright, twenty minutes in and it’s made very clear who the killer is.
- Why would the prostitute go out again after almost being killed?
- Now the photographer is trying to seduce the detective. Oh yikes.
- Is the soundtrack to this all MIDI?
- Camera+wine=total seduction.
- “Nobody minds too much if a few hookers get killed!”
- They keep censoring “fuck.”
- The movie spends too much time in every scene. So basically, I’d prefer if the movie didn’t exist.
- Are you naked under that robe? Am I bothering you?” People don’t talk like this ever.
- They even censored all the sex! For a movie about hookers and murder, they sure did cut a lot out.
- Zipperface is no longer killing just hookers, he’s now killing mediocre theater actors.
- Nevermind, didn’t kill the male actor. Whose name is Alvin. Just the theater owner and female actress.
- They just pulled some Scooby-Doo shit, and pulled a wig off of a “suspect.” And then totally discriminated against crossdressers. Real nice.
- You know when you try to have a conversation using only questions? Or when you hear every like, third sentence of a conversation? That’s what this movie is.
- The misogynistic coworker is the most annoying character in this movie. Which is saying a lot because I’ve been annoyed since minute one.
- WAH, YOU HURT MY FEELINGS, WAH, YOU LIED TO ME, WAH, WHAT DON’T YOU PUT ON YOUR SADOMASOCHISTIC OUTFIT AND CRY SOME MORE.
- Where did this weird political storyline come from?
- The lighting in this makes me want to cry.
- Detective Ryder has said “don’t worry I’m a cop” multiple times.
- Wow, they cut out all nudity, blood, and f-words on this value DVD. Not that any of it could’ve saved this movie, but still.
- I guess it wasn’t who I thought the killer was! WHATATWIST!
I buy Value DVDs for a reason, and that reason is usually because they are bad and hard to come by (usually). Well, this was bad in the worst way, and I’m UPSET I came by it, even. Just a really, really poor movie that I picked up out of my horrendous impulse to buy dumb stuff. Hopefully the three other Value DVDs I picked up are better thanZipperface.Mansour Pourmand has luckily made nothing similar since.