Directed by Deborah Brock
Tagline: “Thrills, Chills, and Guitar Drills”
“The only sane survivor of the first incident, Courtney, dreams of the driller killer returning in the first sequel, Slumber Party Massacre II.She can’t help shake the feeling that she and her friends will be viciously tormented by the killer. Her nightmare becomes reality when the killer returns, reincarnated as an evil rocker with a deadly guitar.”
I snagged Shout Factory’s collection of all three Slumber Party Massacre films a couple years ago. I watched the first one, which didn’t do too much for me. It was a fun watch but I wasn’t sure if I wanted to watch the second. Until I read the description. Sounds RAD.
- Juliette Cummins. Lol.
- James Cummins. Lol.
- Serious flashbacks to the first one. Actually a really well done recap, in case you hadn’t seen the first.
- That was a really long “singing in a car” scene.
- Girl garage band with a super soft lighting. What the fuck is happening?
- You know this girl Sheila is a yuppie bitch when she asks her friend to get her Perrier.
- Over the shoulder to HEAD ON SHOT WHAT IS THIS?
- Hey, Courtney, remember when your sister got killed? Bummer.
- “Sunday’s my birthday, and I don’t want to go to a mental hospital!”
- This room:
- Courtney’s dreams of a driller killer are so weird. Oh god, now they’re happening in real life.
- Why does the drummer, Sally, always carry pink drumsticks? Just in case?
- HAHAHA that’s not how you eat a corn dog.
- A lot of pelvic thrusting.
- There are always two guys who show up uninvited to a Slumber Party.
- Slow motion pillow and bra fight.
- “The more they do it, the louder they get. Practice makes perfect.”
- Subconscious projection has been introduced as a reason Courtney may be fucking nuts.
- I hate when people get upset about being splashed at a pool.
- TJ is a slimeball though. He just punched a blowup sex doll in front of all his friends.
- Courtney’s losing it. She almost just ate a severed hand sandwich.
- A whole, uncooked chicken just attacked Courtney. In her subconscious.
- Sally is one of the greatest songwriters of the 80s.
- Bloodbath. Courtney is literally in a bath of blood.
- She should’ve went to a mental hospital for her birthday.
- It’s 45 minutes in and I’m wondering if anyone will die.
- HAHAHAHAHAH PIMPLE POPPING SCENE.
- This cop is an asshole.
- If I was staying in this house with this crazy girl Courtney, I’d kick her ass out. Even if it is her birthday.
- Drunk jam session.
- Holy shit it’s actually happening. He’s got a drill on his guitar. He’s killing people. He doesn’t have a name.
- That car door was already open, I wouldn’t get in it.
- But I guess he’s an imaginative demon thing, he could be anywhere.
- TJ, please die.
- Courtney broke their only phone. Oh? There was no one else to call besides the police?
- WHAT IS THIS DRILLER KILLER MUSICAL NUMBER?
- Sheila is being sang to before she dies.
- “I can’t get no….satisfaction.” -The Driller Killer
- Can’t stop, loving YOU!
- The killer’s laugh is horrible.
I laughed. A lot. This was absolutely ridiculous. So ridiculous I couldn’t get mad at it. Maybe this isn’t a big deal, but the fact that this and the two other Slumber Party Massacres were written and directed by women is interesting to me. There’s a documentary on the DVD set about all three movies, I’ll have to watch that for some insight. But I think about these movies and others directed by women (Humanoids from the Deep, for example), and wonder what differences, if any, they have to the thousands of other horror and slasher movies directed by men. I’ll have to stew on that, I think.